Pre-Operative Instructions for Cataract Surgery Patients
- Do not eat or drink after midnight prior to your cataract surgery. Your surgery may be cancelled if you eat or drink the morning of the procedure.
- You may take your regular medications the morning of surgery with a sip of water. If you are diabetic, do not take your diabetic pills or insulin prior to your surgery.
- You must have someone to drive you to the hospital and take you home. You will need someone to stay with you for 24 hours after your cataract surgery.
- Leave all your valuables at home. Do not wear makeup.
- Wear a button-up shirt, as the anesthetist will need to put ECG leads on your chest. You will keep all your clothes on for the surgery.
- Notify your surgeon if you develop a cough, cold, sore throat or fever before your surgery.
- If you are diabetic, please do a blood sugar the morning of surgery.
*** If you have any questions call Dr. Lane's office (705) 320-8080